Spring Swim Clinics
Dates: 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 4/2, 4/16, 5/7, 5/14
Welcome to our 2023 edition Spring Swim Clinics. Our first 2 clinics will be “beginner” focused, working on our long axis stroke (all levels may attend the beginner clinics). Additional clinics will work on start and turn, short axis strokes, more advanced freestyle drills, and open water focus.
7 clinic dates:
- Sunday 3/5 10:45-12 Noon – Beginner clinic, focused on the long axis strokes. Intro to freestyle and backstroke drills.
- Sunday 3/12 10:45-12 Noon – Beginner clinic, designed to build on clinic #1.
- Sunday 3/19 10:45-12 Noon – Starts and turns. Focus on fundamentals of swimming, group swimming, intervals, and how these items will directly benefit your open water experience.
- Sunday 4/2 10:45-12 Noon – Short axis clinic. Intro to butterfly and breaststroke, including the process and drills to learn these strokes.
- Sunday 4/16, 5/7 10:45-12 Noon – Intermediate long axis drills. These 2 clinics will build upon the skills learned in clinics #1 and #2, specifically focused on improving your freestyle stroke economy/efficiency.
- Sunday 5/14 10:45-12 Noon – Open Water Clinic in the pool. We’ll practice sighting, starts, drafting, buoy turns, and much more. Working on these skills early in the season in the pool so they’ll become more intuitive in the open water.